Monday, January 31, 2011

Setsuko (fanfiction image)


*Click image for larger view*

Okay, I FINALLY got something posted.  I've been rather inactive, except for putting the finishing touches on Chapter 6 of Gift of the Outcast.  (It will be out soon, I promise!)

Anyway, this is a character in a new story I have been brainstorming.  And don't worry, even if I start publishing this new story, I will forge on in my other projects!  Now, before I introduce you specifically to this character, I believe that a little background info on the story itself is necessary.  Basically, it is a Naruto fanfiction set in the present day, after all the events in the actual canon.  The plot revolves around the fact that, at some point in shinobi history (don't want to reveal any spoilers, so I will be purposefully vague) part of the shinobi population's chakra was sealed, reducing them greatly in power.  This in turn forced into hiding.  In the present day, an underground of shinobi is the only remnant of their once great civilization.  The legends of the ancient masters have faded into wives-tales.
However, a select few are dedicated to reviving the ancient powers, so as the shinobi can once again rule over the world:  the Akatsuki.

*NOTE:  This (possible) story will contain a completely new set of Akatsuki and Jinchuuriki alike.  Though, there will be some connections to canon characters, such as Uzumaki Naruto himself as well as the original Akatsuki.*

The woman pictured here is named Setsuko and will be the protagonist of the mentioned fanfiction.  She is the leader and reformer of the Akatsuki, having pulled it back together after its disbandment hundreds of years before the start of the story.  I you didn't draw this from her expression, she is the deceptively sweet type who has a habit of slitting people's throats when their backs are turned (think Road Kamelot from D.Gray-Man except a little more 'round the bush about destruction.)

Also, I am NOT promising that I will continue this story, I just wanted to draw the character.  Also, I know the summary and character profile sounds REALLY corny and slightly Marry-Sue-ish, but please don't judge it before you've read it.  I suck at summaries.  

And now, onto the image itself (yeah, yeah, I know.  Long post.)  I am rather pleased with how Setsuko turned out, especially her hands, which, I might add, took forever.  Total time spent:  7 hours.  I'm not exactly sure what the background's about, but I needed to make something, leading to this.  The little balls of light kind of relate to the meaning of the word Akatsuki, which is dawn or day-break.  You know, with the whole light thing. . . .  The green swirlies are just random things I whipped up so as to relate to Setsuko's green and purple color color scheme.



I'm tired, so Peace peoplz!

KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment