Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Aki and Shou Banner (image)




I decided that mini-me needed some buddies, so. . . .Aki and Shou were born!  YAY!!!!!!!  I really like how Shou's clothes turned out, but I like Aki's expression more.  She's just so KAWAII! (If you're wondering what 'kawaii' means, it means 'cute' in Japanese.)  Shou's expression, however, really reminds me of Hitsugaya from Bleach. I don't know why. . . .

This is my first time for digitally drawing a male face in detail.  I've done it once before, but it was extremely abstract. Though, I'm pretty pleased with how Shou turned out.  His face is one of the more masculine that I've drawn because I normally tend towards a more feminine base.  And if you're wondering, Shou is a fox-boy, hence the badly drawn fox ears.

I'm also very pleased with my cat-girl, Aki.  Her scarf was a lot of fun.  It gave me a chance to play with darks and thin strands of light.  Her clothes were a point of debate for me.  I wasn't sure whether to make them more winter-like, such as what I did with Shou, or whether to make them summery to illustrate the differences between them.  Eventually, I settled on something of both, giving her summer shorts and a sleeveless shirt, but also endowing her with a scarf and mittens.

If you haven't noticed, Aki and Shou have completely different color schemes, Aki being green/blue while Shou is red/orange.  If you've seen my previous work, you'll know that I like to play with color to represent personality.  This image is an example of that.  Aki's warm, bubbly personality is represented by spring green, a color that is associated with rebirth and, well, Spring!  Shou is focused around red for three reasons.  Firstly, he is a fox-boy and foxes are classically red or orange.  Secondly, I needed major contrast in color scheme between him and Aki.  And thirdly, Shou, while cold and reserved, is a fiery character with a short-temper, especially towards his counterpart, Aki.  

Before I wrap up this post, I'd like to add, that I may revise their character design.  I've been contemplating the possibility of giving them tails.  


Anyway, peace out peoplz!

KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment