Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kyo Banner (image)


Since I wasn't especially fond of my other image of Kyo (my OC from the Gift of the Outcast), I thought I'd do something a little more professional. It's still a quickie, but I think it's a lot cooler looking.

The entire image was done in GIMP, though I had to draw it in several different layers. 1) the white background.  2) the main background coloring.  3) the square and line thingies.  And finally 4) Kyo herself.  I especially like Kyo's hair.  It just looks so vivid and contrasting with the rest of the piece.

I also love the background.  The squares were a lot of fun to play with and were done with a special fade-square-patterned brush.  

Anyway, I'm tired and I don't really know what else to say.  Happy New Year peoples!


KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment