Monday, December 27, 2010

Gift of the Outcast: Kyo Quick Sketch (image)


This is a quick sketch of Kyo, one of the protagonists of my story the Gift of the Outcast.  And a very quick sketch at that I might add.  This was, like my previous image, done with my new touch tablet (I'll be posting more about that later.)  

Before we continue, the top she is wearing is a hoodie and the white blob-thingy is the hood.  

Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing this image.  The pose was an especially interesting, and difficult, part of the process.  Originally, she was supposed to be in the action of flipping onto her back, but it turned into this weird, slant thing instead.  

Another intriguing point was the background.  I wasn't exactly sure what to do for it, so it turned into something of a characterization of her personality.  Firstly, she, like the background, appears very plain and easily discerned as well as almost completely barren.  However, her true being is hidden beneath towers of defense, similar to the life that is hidden beneath the stark sand of the desert depicted. 

Secondly, the background is a classic conflict:  Earth vs. Air.  Kyo's personality is also a conflict, though hers is symbolically between fire and ice (will be expanded on.)

Hope you like it!


Peace out peoples,

KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment