Saturday, December 18, 2010

past, present, Future (poem)

Just a little thing I whipped up.  I thought I needed to post something other than Gift of the Outcast because not everyone will understand said fanfiction.  I know the poem sounds kind of depressing in the beginning, but it gets hopeful towards the end!  I'm not exactly pleased with the rhyme scheme and rhythm, so I might go back in and edit. (and yes, the title is supposed to be punctuated like that)

past, present, Future by KobaltWolf

I looked towards the dusk,
As the day took mortal wound,
From the tendrils streaking brusque,
Across its tainted light.

Today was worse.

I watch upwards the stars,
As the freckles lost in tempest,
That creeps from unhealed scars,
Blocking those of bright.

Tonight is worst.

I will glance forwards moon,
Fading eventually in solar halberd,
Of Phoebus Apollo in platoon,
The sun will come sight.

Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment