Saturday, November 27, 2010

Blue Ink Rose (image)



I've been trying to develop a style and in my constant experiment, I came up with this!  It was actually relatively quick, only taking me two hours to complete.  People often ask me who I'm drawing, but I have absolutely no idea who this is, so don't ask.  

I wanted to try something more monochrome.  It's not completely monochrome, but the color scheme is definitely more focused around a single color than most of the pictures I paint.

Also, I used Inkscape for the entire image, though I had to save it with GIMP because the internet can't handle SVG files (the file domain Inkscape uses.)  I've found that I much prefer Inkscape to GIMP for lineart, but GIMP is much better for the painting itself as well as blending.  GIMP also has more painting options while Inscape lacks several key aspects, including the smudge tool.  Of course, it could just be that I can't find the smudge tool. . . .


Anyway, peace out peoples!

KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment