Sunday, April 3, 2011

Abstract Watercolors (discussion/explanative)








I was just checking up on my blog, when I realized that I haven't posted a thing in almost a week-and-a-half. O_o  I'm ashamed. T_T  I've been doing a ton of offline art, especially in watercolor, but I can't seem to upload it.  My scanner is terrible (it takes up to four hours to scan a single thing -.-') and I just don't have that kind of time.  So, instead, I thought I'd simply describe my artistic pursuits until I can actually upload them. :D  Yay!!!!!

Okay, so I've been doing a lot of abstract watercolor lately, mostly wet-on-wet technique, and experimenting with color.  Almost all of my abstracts are done with pure, merely water-diluted pigment taken straight from the palette. This results in extremely vibrant coloring and a wide variety of pigment bases (by a pigment base I mean that, if you take a purple from the tube, the blue in the purple's mix might be a different pigment than the blue in a green pigment taken straight-from-the-tube.)  This creates a very exciting, powerful, almost tie-dye result that draws the eye all around the image, like a little jungle adventure for the eye (not that I'm overly vain about my work. . . .)

I've also found that I love splatter-paints!  And no, not splatter-paints as in what you do as a five year-old.  I mean actual, professionally used, eye-pleasing splatter-paints.  They're extremely expressive, something that I believe is a must in true art. (It should be noted that I have the urge to now go into a philosophical discussion about the nature of 'true art', however I believe that such a thing would make this post unmanageably long and cause me to lose the interest of my beloved readers. *pushes glasses up in extremely nerdy way*)

Anyways, I've now posted something! Woo!!!


Peace out peoplz,

KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment