Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why (poem)



Why by KobaltWolf


My throat is scratchy
But I know I haven't choked.

And my nose is very raw
Yet I don't recall a scrape.

When I try to stand, it's dizzying
Though my head is free of bump.

And my joints are aching really badly
Still I'm lacking in a bruise.

Overall I really feel quite tired
Even if the day is yet to start.

So tell me

Why am I crying?


______________________________________

So sorry for not posting in a week!  I have had the worst cold in the history of colds.  I've been couch-stranded for days and went on an anime-spree (the only good part of my illness).  It's only today that I started feeling better, and a good thing too, seeing as I have a band concert tonight. :(  Hopefully I'll be able to get through it without too much coughing.

"Why" was actually inspired by my sickness.  See? You can get inspiration from anything!  Even terrible, gut-wrenching, insufferable colds!  Yaaaaaay!  Not. . . .

Anyways, I was sitting on the couch watching D.Gray-Man when I started thinking about how much absolute pain I was in.  Cheery, right?  But this train of thought led me to compare physical, illness-induced pain to more emotional pain.  You know how when you've been wounded by a close-friend or loved-one, you often feel physically unwell?  Like you just want to curl up in a little ball and fail to face the world again?  Well I certainly have.  "Why" is a summary of how I've been feeling lately (and I'm not talking about the sickness), so hopefully you like it!


Peace out peoplz!

KobaltWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment