Monday, September 13, 2010

The Heralding Cry (poem)

I have always been fascinated by wolves(hence my blogger name.)  This is a little poem I wrote on a very tired, and very bored, whim.

The Heralding Cry by KobaltWolf

Some say the wolf heralds the end,
Others say its the borning cry.
From what I've heard at the eve of dusk,
Of the howl that chills both bone and trust,
I'd stock with those who favor worse
And think Artemis' hound a foul curse.

Though those few with a better try,
At humanity's fragile life and line,
Are those who, at the break of dawn,
When Hemera peaks and Nyx retreats,
Hear with renewed vigor,
The wolf's heralding howl,
Earth's borning cry.



Here's a little extra info on some of the more unusual words in the poem.
Hemera -- the Greek goddess of day
Nyx -- the Greek personification of night
Artemis -- the Greek goddess of maidenhood and hunting.  Often traveled with wolf-like hounds

No comments:

Post a Comment