Thursday, July 14, 2011

Try Real' Hard (poem)

If you've read my previous post (the Emerald Curtain), you'd know that my dog is having kidney failure.  Yesterday, we had to euthanize him because he was just in so much pain.  He hadn't eaten or drunken in 36 hours, he could barely breath, and he was constantly retching.  When I got home, I was understandably depressed and stood outside for thirty minutes.  Finally, I decided to write a poem partly to commemorate my dog, but also to express my feelings.  It's not an especially happy or hopeful poem, more of just an expression of my emotions.


Try Real' Hard   by KobaltWolf

I look upon the golden sea,
And think what lies beyond these things,
Beyond the day and blistering night,
Beyond the leaves and calling kite.

I wonder what will happen then,
When all these things have come to past,
And what is gained is finally lost,
All worn and broken and tempest-tossed.

I do not know, I really don't,
Although I might try real' hard,
I cannot see beyond these things,
And all these broken hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment